em 17 de Julho de 2019
DO vs DOES
How to Use Do or Does Correctly?
Do and does are used when we want to ask Yes/ No questions. We use Do or Does depend on the subject.
When to Use DO
When the subject is represented by the pronouns I, you, we, or they, we must use DO.
- I do not know the way.
- Do you have any tickets for the concert?
- Do you mind if I smoke?
- How much do you charge for a haircut?
- We do not have the resources to update our computer software.
- Winners do what losers don’t want to do.
- I do it because I like it.
- Do not praise a day before sunset.
- What do you suggest I order?
When to Use DOES
When the subject is represented by the pronouns he, she or it, we must use DOES.
- It does not look like the right way.
- Does your job fulfill your expectations?
- This store does not give credit.
- What time does the store close?
- She always does things the hard way.
- What time does this train get to New York?
- He does not know the way.
- The express train does not stop at this station.
- How long does it take you to commute?