em 11 de Junho de 2019
I’d like to see a doctor.
2. Do you have an appointment?
3. Is it urgent?
4. I’d like to make an appointment to see Dr. …
5. Do you have any doctors who speak …?
6. Do you have private medical insurance?
1. How can I help you?
2. What’s the problem?
3. What are your symptoms?
– I’ve been feeling sick.
– I’ve been having headaches.
– I’m very congested.
– My joints are aching.
– I’ve got diarrhoea.
– I’ve got a lump.
– I’ve got a swollen/ sprained ankle.
– I’m in a lot of pain.
– I’ve got a pain in my back/ chest/ waist.
– I think I’ve pulled a muscle in my leg.
– I’m asthmatic/ diabetic/ epileptic.
– I need another inhaler/ some more insulin.
– I’m having difficulty breathing.
– I’ve got very little energy.
– I’ve been feeling very tired.
– I’ve been feeling depressed.
– I’ve been having difficulty sleeping.
4. How long have you been feeling like this?
5. How have you been feeling generally?
6. Is there any possibility you might be pregnant?
– I think I might be pregnant.
7. Do you have any allergies?
– I’m allergic to antibiotics.
8. Are you on any sort of medication?
– I need s sick note.
1. Can I have a look?
2. Where does it hurt?
3. Does it hurt when I press here?
– I’m going to take your blood pressure/ temperature/ pulse.
4. Could you roll up your sleeve?
– Your blood pressure’s quite low/ normal/ rather high/ very high.
– Your temperature’s normal/ a little high/ very high.
5. Open your mouth, please.
6. Cough, please.
Treatments & Advice
1. You’re going to need a few stiches.
2. I’m going to give you an injection.
3. We need to take a urine sample.
4. You need to have a blood test.
5. I’m going to prescribe you some antibiotics.
6. Take two of these pills three times a day.
7. Take this prescription to the chemist.
8. You should stop smoking.
9. You should cut down on your drinking.
10. You need to try and lose some weight.
11. I want to send you for an X-ray.
12. I want you to see a specialist.