em 12 de Julho de 2019
LIST OF COOKING VERBS
LIST OF COOKING WORDS WITH DEFINITIONS & EXAMPLES
List of cooking terms with meaning and examples:
- Action of reducing something to small shreds by rubbing it on a grater
- Grate the carrot finely / into small pieces.
- To cut something into slices
- To top it all off one of the catering staff managed to slice their finger cutting cheese.
remove the outer covering of something (a fruit, egg, or shrimp).
- Would you peel me an orange?
- stir something (eggs, cream) with a light, rapid movement.
- The spoon can be used to whisk eggs.
- heat something with high temperature
- Once water begins to boil, its temperature no longer rises.
- Cook something with oil
- We can fry up some of these pieces of cold meat for our lunch.
- heat the food with a grill.
- Grill the sausages for ten minutes.
- heat food without direct exposure to a flame, typically in an oven or on a hot surface.
- Bake the potatoes for 15 minutes, till they’re nice and crisp.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta and serve immediately.
- to mix something rapidly
- Make the toast and scramble the eggs.
- to cook food even if it boils
- Let the soup simmer a few minutes.
- He spread some strawberry jam on his toast.
- move a spoon or other implement around in (a liquid or other substance) to mix it thoroughly.
- I need a teaspoon to stir my tea.
- to perceive food
- Let you taste my poise, you leave me want to celebrate.
- to join something into something
- Add a teaspoonful of mixed herbs.
- Blend the ingredients into a smooth paste.
- to cook food by prolonged exposure to heat in an oven or over a fire.
- Are you going to roast the chicken?
- to cut something into pieces
- Chop the carrots up into small pieces.
- I’ll allow the children to dip their bread into the soup.
- Roll out the icing into a large square.
- Steam for about 12 mins until the cake is risen and springy to touch in the centre.