em 24 de Março de 2019
Common Business Collocations in English
List of Business Collocations
- The company had an annual turnoverof new liturgy introduced in 2011.
Bear in mind
- Bear in mind that the authors of these books also have agendas.
Break off negotiations
- He said he decided almost immediately after the hijacking to break offnegotiations.
- A company can cease trading and still be registered at Companies House.
Chair a meeting
- He will also chair a meeting of the International Democratic Union.
Close a deal
- I told her not to come back until she closed a deal.
Come to the point
- It has come to the point where communication is relied on technology.
Dismiss an offer
- This is what happens when you dismiss an offer of food and you are running for president.
Draw a conclusion
- The basis upon which you draw a conclusion is subject to incredible impeachment.
Draw your attention to
- “I want to draw your attention to one absolutely fundamental fact”, he said.
- I am afraid that most of the small farmers will go bankrupt.
Go into partnership
- Tom went into partnership with Smith to form the firm in 1990.
Launch a new product
- If we launch a new product, we don’t see people lining up at the door, he added.
Lay off staff
- He is accused of failing to notify authorities of plans to lay off staff.
- He predicted that market forces will continue to reform the current system.
Past few weeks
- The stock is healthy, having consolidated the past few weeks.
- He declined to give sales figures.
Take on staff
- Employers cannot take on staff unless they have a card.