em 23 de Março de 2019
When to Use Definite Article THE
* Use “the” after you have talked about it the first time. For example:
- This is a dog. The dog is brown.
* Use “the” when the person you are talking to already knows what you are talking about. For example:
- I am going to the bank.
- There is someone knocking at the door. It must be the computer repairman. I called him to come help fix my computer.
* Use “the” when you talk about general places in nature like the lake, the mountains, the ocean, the beach, etc. For example:
- Let’s go to the beach.
- I love to camp in the mountains.
* Use “the” when you are talking about something that there is only one of and everyone knows about it. The sky, the earth, the stars (as a group). For example:
- How many people are there on the Earth?
- The sky is so beautiful today.