em 15 de Julho de 2019
What Does LMK Mean?
LMK stands for “let me know”
This saying is quite useful in everyday online conversation. The long form of “LMK” is “let me know.”
It can be used at the beginning of a sentence or at the end. This goal of using this phrase is to have someone tell the user about some information or an event that may be happening later.
This can be used for setting up plans or activities. People can either use it in direct messaging or group settings.
- Texter 1: Any plans for tonight?
- Texter 2: Nah, I’m pretty beat. I think I’ll stay home.
- Texter 1: Ok, we’re gonna go to that bar by my house. If you wanna come by, LMK.
Here we see a conversation between friends. Texter 1 invites texter 2 out. The invitation is declined. Texter 1 uses LMK to leave the invitation open for texter 2 if the situation changes.
- Co-worker 1: Hey, everyone’s here at the meeting except co-worker 4. What’s up?
- Co-worker 2: I think she’s running late.
- Co-worker 4: Yeah, sorry about that. I’ll be there soon.
- Co-worker 3: Ok, get here as soon as you can. In the future, LMK if you’re running late!
In this groups setting, we see that one co-worker will be late for a meeting. Co-worker 3 uses this internet slang word to let co-worker 4 know that she would like to know when people are going to be late for meetings. Keep in mind that this is in a group chat setting between co-workers. Internet slang should not be used in formal communication with supervisors or superiors.
Other Meanings of LMK
- Love My Kids
- Lions Might Knit
- Local Master Key
- Local Maintenance Key
- Let’s Make Kids