em 09 de Setembro de 2019
Writing Tips to Improve Your Writing
Here are some essential writing tips you should know. These writing tips can help you improve your writing, understand the writing process better, and free your mind.
1. Each pronoun should agree with its antecedent.
2. Each sentence should make a clear statement.
3. A writer must be sure to avoid using the sexist pronoun in his writing.
4. Verbs have to agree with their subjects.
5. Don’t be a person who confuses who and whom.
6. Never use double negatives.
7. Prepositions are not the words to end sentences.
8. When writing, participles must not be dangled.
9. Be careful to never, under any circumstances, split infinitives.
10. Hopefully, you won’t float your adverbs.
11. A writer must not shift your point of view.
12. Lay down and die before using a transitive verb without an object.
13. Join clauses good, as conjunction should.
14. The passive voice should be avoided.
15. Write as often as you can.
16. Don’t verb nouns.
17. In letters themes reports and ad use commas to separate items in a series.
18. Don’t use commas, that aren’t necessary.
19. Don’t overuse quotation marks.
20. Parenthetical remarks (however relevant) are (if the truth be told) superfluous.
21. Contractions won’t, don’t and can’t help your writing voice.
22. Don’t write run-on sentences they are hard to read.
23. Don’t forget to use end punctuation.
24. It is important to use apostrophe’s in the right places.
25. Don’t abbreviate.
26. Don’t overuse exclamation marks!!!
27. Do not use words whose meanings you are not sure of.
28. Avoid misspellings.
29. Check to see if you any words out.
30. One word sentences? Eliminate.
31. Avoid annoying, affected, and awkward alliterations, always.
32. Never, ever use repetitive redundancies.
33. The bottom line is to bag trendy locutions that sound flaky.
34. Who needs rhetorical questions?
35. Foreign words and phrases are not apropos.
36. Understatement is always the best.
37. It behooves you to avoid archaic expressions.
38. Use concrete rather than vague language.
39. Always pick on the correct idiom.
40. Don’t use two negatives to make a positive without good reason.