em 03 de Abril de 2015
To Be (Negative and Question Forms)
We form the negative of to be by placing not after the verb.
I am a student
I am not a student.
We form questions with to be by placing the verb before the subject.
She is absent from class today.
Is she absent from class today ?
Why is she absent from class today ?
- Change the folllowing sentences from affirmative to negative.
- They are in Europe now.
- John is angry with you.
- He and she are cousins.
- He is very studious.
- Both sisters are tall.
- She is a clever girl.
- They are members of the country club.
- He is a good tennis player.
- Mr. Smith is a pilot with American Airlines.
- The sky is very cloudy today.
- The office of the principal is on the first floor.
- It is cold today.
- She is a tall, blonde girl.
- It is a good movie.
- The stamps are in my desk.
- He is in his office.
b. Change all the sentences above to questions.
Ex. A.1 - Are they in Europe Now?