em 31 de Janeiro de 2019
English is becoming the main language of communication worldwide. If you ever want to understand another culture, language is a crucial aspect, and English has become more and more the main international medium of communication. Besides that, language learning has health benefits.
It’s never been easier to teach yourself another language. You don’t have to go to class or buy fancy courses. Any language you want is in your pocket. Language learners who use multiple methods get to practise different skills and see concepts explained in different ways. In addition, the variety can keep them from getting stuck.
When choosing a teacher, learners should seek a course that practises the four language skills (reading, writing, listening and speaking). For self-study, students should try a combination of textbooks, audio lessons, and language learning apps.
In language learning, attitude can be a key factor in how a student progresses. A learner who is keen about the target culture will be more successful in their language studies. The culturally curious students will be more receptive to the language and more open to forming relationships with native speakers.
Considering that life should be joyful and it can be if we are given the freedom to be who we want to be and learn what we want to learn, the Learning Community platform developed 5 key values and principles that will help the English learners and teacher guide their studies:
1. We learn best when we direct our own lives. Experiencing this freedom is an exercise of empowered choice.
2. We trust the process of self-discovery and this learning community is aimed at helping learners to identify their strengths and weaknesses.
3. The classroom is a place where students of varying skill levels can facilitate peer-to-peer learning to achieve shared objectives.
4. Free and democratic learning experiences promote social development for individuals and their communities.
5. We accept others despite and because of their differences, and this learning community is defined by openness, acknowledgement, and compassion.