em 27 de Junho de 2014
Being one of the challenging parts of TOEFL, reading part requires concentration and good analysis skill. So here are some tips:
- Before reading the passages, have a look at the questions quickly so that when you read the passage you will know what you are looking for.
- When you have to go back to read the passage again, DON'T read the whole passage, instead just skim with keen eyes.
- When the meaning of a particular word is asked, read the whole sentence in which the word is placed and if necessary read the paragraph the word is in. This will help you guess the meaning of the word even if you have seen the word for the first time.
- ALWAYS read everything quickly because it will help you not get stuck on unknown words.
- ALWAYS ready carefully, stay focused and try to understand what is asked in the question, because the questions in reading part are usually not easy to understand and intended to trick.