Donuts Recipe (In english)Gastronomia / Culinária
em 15 de Abril de 2015
Hi guys, here I'll show you how to make an awesome Donut. Check it out.
1) 3 (1/4 ounce / 7g) packages yeast (3/4 oz / 21g total) - I used "Rapid Rise" but traditional is fine too - it just affects the rising times
2) 1/2 cup (120ml) water (105-115F / 40-46C)
3) 2 1/4 cups (530ml) milk, scalded, then cooled
4) 3/4 cup (169g) sugar
5) 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
6) 3 eggs
7) 1/2 cup (113g) shortening
8) 7 1/2 cups (940g) all-purpose flour
9) Canola oil for frying
1) 1/2 cup (113g) butter
2) 3 cups (375g) powdered sugar
3) 2 1/4 teaspoons vanilla
4) 6 -9 tablespoons (90-135ml) evaporated milk (can substitute regular milk or water for milder flavor)
Time to make the donuts
Proof your yeast by adding it to the warm water. Now you have to mix it up and let it rest.
Scald the milk on top of your stove or in your microwave, and let cool. A bake told me that the reason you scald the milk is because regular milk has an enzyme in it that will kill the yeast. Therefore, if you don't scald it first to kill the enzyme, your donuts won't rise.
Combine yeast, milk, sugar, salt, eggs, shortening and 3 cups (375g) flour.
Beat on low for 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly.
Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
Carefully stir in remaining flour until smooth.
That's it! Have fun!